Friday, May 8, 2020

Pink Double 9-Patch quilt

Today is a basting day. I took one quilt out of the "to be quilted" pile...it was 12 high and toppling over. As I started pressing it, 
 I noticed all the cute, vintage fabrics that I had stitched into it. 
 These dots are from the 50's or so.
This red, below, is feedsack.
 This cute kitten drinking milk is a reproduction 30's.
 The tiny piece in the upper right corner, below, is from an old apron...50's probably. And the royal blue with white flowers and red centers is a teeny tiny scrap of 30's I had.
 Some of the fabrics were so small I could only cut one 1-1/2" square.
 So today this got pinned. I started this quilt in 2017 and really enjoyed making it. There are a lot of tiny pieces but still...it was fun.
Maybe on Monday I'll be able to start free-motion quilting it.

If anyone would like to make this quilt, I can add a tutorial. It's very easy...just 9 patches and snowball blocks.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The pink makes a soft looking background. A vintage look. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Love this. Please add a tutorial!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...