Well I ended up with 21 blocks....I had to squeeze out one extra for the design I decided on.
I BARELY had enough.
So this is the design I settled on. I needed a larger quilt than 4'x5'. An extra 21 blocks will give me 6'x7'.
I had plenty of the background fabric and a good sized piece of the light blue. The orange had to be pieced to get enough for the centers.
So the light blue squares had to be a very specific size...3-5/16"!! And I had to cut 84 of them. I cut a paper template that size first then used double stick tape to temporarily attach it to my 3-1/2" template. It gives me a good visual for lining up and cutting blocks.
It's all cut now and I'm starting to stitch blocks ....I think the layout will work.