Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Binding the pink quilt

The binding is cut and I'm sewing it onto the quilt. I ended up using the back and 2 front pieces of a striped dress shirt (xxl). 
The binding strips were bias cut ...I love bias stripes. This won't be the last time I use a shirt for binding. I just never thought about it before. But now with all that's going on, I'm trying to use what I have and not go shopping.

The weather today was super hot and muggy. Al and I worked in the yard for a bit this morning but by 11am I was dripping with sweat so I started sewing...no air conditioning yet but the house stays pretty cool. 
Let's hope I can get this binding sewn down by the weekend. I'd sure like to have a finish!

1 comment:

Karen said...

The binding stripe fabric is the icing on the cake!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...