Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Freedom in Northern Michigan

We've been pretty busy lately, Al and I. The house building is finished but now its landscaping time. Bushes and trees are MOSTLY in...edging too. Al built me a grape arbor, a few sections of decorative fence and a raised garden box. Now he's planning the sprinkler system.
He's a keeper, that's for sure! We also celebrated 39 years of married bliss (well, mostly bliss😂).

We were lucky that northern Michigan, where we live, opened up restaurants the day before our anniversary so we were able to go out and celebrate. 

I did find time between celebrating the anniversary, celebrating Memorial Day and landscaping, to finish quilting this quilt. Today I trimmed it and squared it up.

 Then I dug through loads of boxes and stash fabric looking for binding. The only thing I really liked was this shirting. I have a back and two front sections. That should add up to enough fabric...might be close...might be playing binding chicken!
Anyways, I'll start cutting that tomorrow since it's supposed to rain.

Since northern Michigan opened up, we've had a chance to play with these sweeties again. 
They "helped" us landscape.

 We also played Legos and read books on the back porch. I've really missed spending time with them...It's good to be able to once again.


1 comment:

karenbbsnow said...

Perfect binding choice for your sweet quilt.

We are in Ontario Canada, it doesn't look like they will be opening our restaurants for a while. Our anniversary is tomorrow, no dinner out like we would normally do.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...