Sunday, September 22, 2019

The FMQ is done on this UFO

Today was a washout. I spent plenty of time at my machine so I was able to finish quilting this UFO. 

Don't you love working on a sampler? It's not boring at all...it keeps me intetested. I fooled around with lots of different designs on this...meandering, ripple, flowers, leaves and vines...whatever I felt like doing in each block. 

The front has my initials and the year so no label will be needed....not that I would do one anyways. I usually forget.
Each of the blocks are signed by the quilter that made them. These are some talented ladies. I love that I'll have a signature quilt.

So the quilting didn't go perfectly...for some reason this happened:
I had to completely clean my machine and put in a new needle. That took care of the problem.

So now I'm cutting binding. By tomorrow it'll be done...maybe.



1 comment:

Cathy said...

Very striking. I love it. Hugs

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...