Sunday, August 4, 2019

I DIDN'T start a new quilt...really!

It looks like I started a new quilt doesn't it...ummm....let me explain...hmmm...
See, I wanted to clean out the scrap bin so that I could paint it. But it was still half full even after I made that scrap quilt top last month.
Soooo...I decided to go through ALL the scraps...keep the ones I love...donate the rest. Then I cut triangles from my favorites...LOTS and LOTS of triangles. I use these as leaders and enders all the time. I stacked up a huge pile of paired triangles. They were just too pretty and tempting...I figured I'd stitch up a few...maybe make one block just to see if they looked nice together....

Then three blocks because they were really cute...

Then 6 blocks....

It's going to be a fun scrappy quilt...if I decide to make it into one. I REALLY need to stick to my plan ...no new projects until the others are done. So I didn't really start a new quilt...I just ORGANIZED my scraps into blocks😉

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...