Monday, August 5, 2019

100 years of fabric...almost

Aren't these cute? I'm trying to press, slice and cut triangles out of all my small pretty pieces. These are more of the amazing feedsack fabrics my daughter gave me a few years back. I'd like to see them all in one quilt but I know I'll never get around to that so I'm adding my favorites to the scrap triangles pile.
There's also an old apron in there that has plenty of usable (unstained) area. 

These are some of the triangles. As I've dug through my scraps I'm finding pieces as old as the 30's/40's, some 50/60's ...one or two from the 70s...quite a few 80's and 90's (my girls were small and i stitched clothes for them) and of course tons from 2000 till now. That's almost 100 years of fabrics!! 
Makes me happy to FINALLY be cutting them up to stitch into blocks❤ 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amazing, where did your daughter find all these beauties? I'm sure you will enjoy using them.

Northern Deb said...

She bought a huge auction online and split it between us. She prefers ornges and I love red so it was an eady split. This was over 5 years ago ...when it was easier to find them.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...