Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Shop Hopping!


This is just a few of us... we had 3 van loads travelling from store to store. I bought some fabric... you all knew I would, didnt you? Found fabric for some pillows for mom... for the family room. Bought a bunch of fqs (20% off) to use in a mini quilt, and lots of cute fat quarters for my daughters (Amy Butler fabrics, mostly). We all had lunch in Bellaire at LuLu's... I had a yummy sandwich of roasted pork with horseradish slaw, homemade potato chips and a thick hunk of old fashioned barrel pickle... mmmmm! Also had a cup of tea, which they served on platters with individual tea pots, little bowls of raw sugar or cubes, tea bags. Each person having tea got a cute little setup. And the tea was the best I've ever had. I took the label from the bag so that I could see about getting some for home. Today was supposed to be mid 70's but it was a little cooler so the tea hit the spot.

1 comment:

Rebecca P said...

Hi Deb,
Looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to go on a shop hop. I'm hoping to do one this year with Penny my sewing budddy.
I just saw your comment, sorry I'm late in replying. This is a great swap because I just love civil war fabrics. No I'm not doing the Anne doll, are you?
Hugs,

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...