Thursday, November 26, 2020

Quilting on Thanksgiving

  
I have 22 rows on my Thimble quilt so just 14 to go! And this is what I'll be working on today. 
I haven't always been able to make my daily row but somedays I made two so I'm right on schedule.
Last night I organized my thimbles into groups of 50 and have WAY more cut than needed. I put 14 stacks aside for the 14 rows needed. There's going to be a minimum of 36 rows but with so many extras I really think 40-42 rows would be better. Forty-two would be a 72"x 84" ....that's probably the best size for this. 

Today is Thanksgiving. Al and I are having a quiet day at home. One daughter is celebrating with her boyfriend and the other has her in-laws coming over. She invited us but we decided to avoid a big get together this year. 
Michigan is on a 3 week "social break" to try to reduce the amount of Covid. BUT that doesn't mean we aren't having a great dinner! 
Al picked up a small turkey breast for us. I'm still making mashed potatoes w/ gravy, sweet potatoes, veggies, cranberries, fresh bread, pies...etc.! There's going to be lots of leftovers ...that's the best part, right?! 
So I'll be cooking and sewing...Al can do his usual...eat and watch TV😂.
Hopefully we can have a normal holiday next year.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
 

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...