Saturday, November 21, 2020

Quilting on Charlie's quilt

I've finished quilting Charlie's ball quilt...yay!! One step closer to the finish.
I went with straight lines. It seemed to be more masculine than my usual free-motion swirls or meanders.
They aren't evenly spaced lines...kind of here and there...wherever I felt it needed a row. And I probably would have stitched even more lines through it but my shoulders were starting to ache...PLUS I wanted it done.
I've cut the binding and have started attaching it. By tomorrow this quilt will be finished. I'm doing a machine stitched binding ...its for a toddler so it'll be getting pretty rough treatment. 
The binding is the same fabric as the sashing. There's enough going on throughout this quilt...I didnt feel like it needed more. I just hope my eyes can see as I stitch this binding...it blends in TOO well. Al offered to bring up his construction lighting.😂 I may just take him up on that!

 

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...