Thursday, May 20, 2010

My BIRTHDAY came early!!

Today was my birthday!! Well, not really, but it sure felt like it! My daughter, Lisa, was shopping downstate at estate sales and garage sales when she came apon a wonderful box full of old fabrics ..... FOR $5!!!! She told me she would be sending me a little bit of some of the yummy things that were in it but she wouldn't tell me what they would be. WELL!!!, the package came today and was filled with wonderful 30's fabrics (some feedsacks!) in all kinds of pretty patterns and colors. AREN'T THESE THE MOST DELICIOUS FABRICS?!!
These are just some of them... there were lots of diamond pieces (I will hand piece these together then applique the stars onto white blocks), hexagons (these look even older than the 30's so I'm going to see if I can find someone who might know) and lots of strips and pieces.

How cute are these dancing kittens?!!
And these were some of 4 patch blocks in the bunch... she kept the bowtie blocks. She's planning to sew the bowties together for her own vintage quilt.... and ALL this plus lots more that she has for $5! She said the box was PACKED! Oh, I think I need to hit the garage sales instead of the quilt stores :)

Can't wait to get sewing on these... but first I'm going to drool a bit more.......

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

That's such a lovely find and it will be fun to see what you do with it. Reproductions are great, but the old cloth is different. Happy early birthday.

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky girl! cuddos to Lisa for finding that bargain! Let us know what you find out! Denise

Rebecca P said...

Wow! What a great find for Lisa. You are one lucky lady.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...