Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shopping the sales... and RESALES

I think I mentioned that my LQS was having a huge sale.... well, I went of course ...sort of...I worked one of the days so I couldn't help shopping as I cut for everyone.
 
This is a new line they're carrying from Minick and Simpson... REDS :) I bought some extra pieces from Collection of Love to add to them along with my favorite solid... Kona Snow.

 These two cuties came in with a children's line and they are something I just always want to have on hand so I bought a yard of green and a yard of the blue.
 This is more from the Collection of Love... plus a few more Civil War FQs.
 And these are going to be my new PJs... yup, just loved this pretty stripe so I bought 4 yards to make pjs... the periwinkle will be collar, trim etc.

Now on to the RESALE part:


I found this 3 yard piece of paisley at my local Goodwill for 1.99... YEAH! It's very pretty with my civil war fabrics. I gave it a good washing and pressing just to make sure it shrunk... not sure of the quality although it feels pretty good.

Now these scraps are from another resale... they had a bag of scraps for 1.25 and it included the cream in the top of the picture (about a yard of it) and all these jelly roll scraps.


It also included these "older" squares from Keepsake. They'll probably go in a strippy quilt... but first they are going to get a good soaking to see if they bleed when washed.
So today I'm sorting and putting away my new goodies (and washing and pressing and drooling over them). I know I don't REALLY need any more fabric but I just can't help myself sometimes ;)
And here's a finished project (have to justify my buying):
This is the quilt I was having problems with on the quilting but it turned out just fine. It'll be a baby floor quilt. The corners are hexagon flowers appliqued but could be left off.
This quilt uses 8 fat eighths, some background, a yard of medium pink and a little over a yard of the darker pink. The pattern will be at Hearts to Holly Quilt Shop soon. Sue, the owner, sells packs of coordinated fat eighths (called Flip Flops)... just what this needs.
Pattern- Little Flower Patch, about 66" square

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love all your sale and re-sale fabrics!! And lovely finish.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...