Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shopping, Baking and stitching

Today I worked and of course I had to buy some fabrics... Came home with this bundle of solids and a yellow dot, plus some Dr. Seuss.

I'm working on a Dr. Seuss hexagon quilt and decided I needed a little bit of a dot in it... that's the yellow...PLUS, the back is going to be split into two and then I'll strip piece all my scraps to make a vertical row down the center. I'll add these big squares of Dr. Seuss in with the strips.

Here's the cookies I was baking. These are Oatmeal Peanut Butter...mmmmm. They're crispy and buttery with lots of peanut butter flavor.  Want the recipe? Here ya go:

Peanut Butter Oatsies

1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup shortening 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I use part Jif smooth with part almond butter)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla (or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract)
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1-1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
 
Preheat oven to 350F.
Beat butter and shortening till light. Beat in sugars then peanut butter. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla, mix.
In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, soda and salt. Add to mixer, beat till combined.
On baking sheet, drop by heaping teaspoonful, 2" apart. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes till lightly browned. Cool on sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...