Saturday, December 5, 2009

We've been in downstate Michigan for the last few days (and Ohio) getting a new used car for my youngest daughter, Lisa. She loves Volvos so we've been searching for the perfect car for her. Not only does it need to be reasonable (CHEAP) it needs to be the right model, the right year, the right color... yeah, a piece of cake! So Al found one in Ohio... just 4-1/2 hours south of Lisa (who is 4 hours south of us). We drove down to the Detroit area, spent the night at moms, took off before dawn to drive down to see this "perfect" car in Ohio, buy it, and drive back to the Detroit area so that she could still make it to work on time... what a rush trip! The next day she had school so we took her "new" car to a mechanic just to make sure all was okay with it before we left town. This took all day but gave me a chance to shop for fabric (found some batiks!). The car checked out ... they thought we had gotten a GREAT deal so Al's happy, Lisa's happy and that makes me HAPPY!

The trip gave me LOTS of time to sew on the road. I finished the mountains and cactus on the center of my BIL's quilt. Now that I'm home I'll add the next part which is sort of a Native American design. It's snowing right now... has been all day and all last night... we're supposed to get 1-2 FEET! ..(humming).....it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.....

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I identify with this little parental love fest you went on... minus the snow we have so been elsewhere but done that and done that and done that...Glad to know you in your tennies and flats are home safe again and that that car checked out.

MisisipiMenace said...

deb, your southwestern quilt for your BIL has gotten a beautiful start! LOVE the mountains and cactus!
cindy

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...