Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A sneak peek...


This is the western/native american quilt I'm making for my BIL. Months ago, I made the beginning of this quilt and then decided I didn't like it so I sent it to the scrap heap. This is the center of the new one. The colors are much nicer this time... more what I had in mind. The darker fabric that is in the HSTs is something I found in a sale scrap bag. I would love to find more of this fabric so if anyone knows what it is... or who sells it, let me know. It's a nice cotton but looks like suede and the color is so rich and warm, kind of a golden rusty brown. Not sure the computer does it justice.
The center is a 6" preprinted piece that came on a panel with lots of other nice squares. I may use some of the other later in the quilt. It's hard to tell but the beige in the outer HSTs are a creamy beige "crackle" fabric. I just love the antique look that gives it. I used my trusty SPEED GRID for the HSTs and had them finished quickly. The next part will be to keep this block on point and add corner triangles of a sand color with appliqued cactus... after that ....hmmm...not sure...

4 comments:

Rebecca P said...

Looking good Deb, love the colors of brown & teal together.

Rebecca P said...

I wanted to ask you, can you make different size triangles with the packet?
I found one on Ebay, but thought I should ask a little more before I press the button buy.

Northern Deb said...

Yes, Rebecca, you can. I think mine are 2" (2-1/2" unfinished). There was a larger size and a smaller size. Since I found mine at a resale shop it was opened... not sure if I got it as it came new. I sure do love it, though... one of my favorite tools now!
Sorry it took so long to answer you back. I had trouble getting on line yesterday.

Rebecca P said...

Thanks Deb,that's ok.
That helps that you can make different sizes.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...