Monday, November 2, 2009

My round robin top comes home!!

Today I had the BEST day! The mailbox was filled with all kinds of squishy and quilting goodies.
First of all, my round robin came home today!! Don't you just LOVE it?! It matches my living room PERFECTLY. I made the center and 5 friends from www.thequiltandneedle.com, each added a border to it. There's one more special friend that wasn't in my group, that will be adding her border to it and I'll do the same to her top. After that, I want to add a few more borders of my own so that it's bed size. I LOVE MY QUILT!!! I just so happy with how it turned out... CAN YOU TELL?!! LOL

The other things in my mailbox were: a beautiful Christmas stocking block, a couple of FQ squishies from a wonderful friend with a nice note, a fabric wallet made by another sweet person :), some purple squares, a thank you card from my sis (I shared some fabric with her and now she's a fabricholic) and a Quilt Mania quilt magazine (this is my favorite magazine). Feels like Christmas here!

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

This sounds like such fun I got "contact joy" from your delightful post. It also reminded me I should go to town and get the mail before the post office closes..I think I have time..

Rebecca P said...

It turned out so wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you. Is it going to go on your bed? I can't wait to see the wonderful quilting you will do on it.
My stocking is headed your way, I mailed to out today.
Hugs

Quiltluver said...

You're right. That is a fabulous quilt. Karen

Northern Deb said...

Rebecca, I think it might go on my bed but it could also be folded up over my couch in the winter. I would love to have it to cozy up with when I'm reading in the evenings. I would like to make it large enough to use it in either place... my bedroom is the same colors as the living room so it would work in either place :)

AnnieO said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous round robin! Quilts that don't leave home are wonderful!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...