Monday, April 13, 2020

Making birthday dinosaurs

It's really hard to find a good present and have a fun party for a two year old right now. 
Charlie's birthday was a few days ago. He loves trucks, diggers, dinosaurs and balls.
I dug up this pattern that I've had since the 80's (buried in a box in the basement) and made two...one for the birthday boy and one for brother Henry. It took about 8 hours to make these two...not hard, just time consuming. 

I think Henry loved this more than Charlie. 
Since we're all in lockdown, I couldn't really be there to play with the boys or have cake with the family but seeing the pictures from Jenn just made my day.

The local fire department drove by with all the trucks...horns blaring...sirens going, then stopped in front of Jenn's house and sang Happy Birthday to Charlie. 
Very special day!

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...