Thursday, January 30, 2020

Next in line...

I'm working on an old UFO...one that I really love. Years ago I taught a class and sewed up a class sample. I made a few extra blocks as I taught how the blocks went together. I usually use solids to test blocks then when I get enough, I make a solid scrappy sampler quilt. But these were all in blue and white so I saved them for a two color quilt.
This block below is what I stitched up today after taking apart a block I didnt like.
I think this was "cups and saucers" block....usually a nice design but just too bold in solids.
It took a while to reconstruct such a big block but I'm so much happier with the new one. 
This was the start of the quilt center. 
It needed 4 more stars then I needed to add a 2" border all the way around because I needed the center to become a 36" square. 
I figured i could use my leftover class blocks in the four corners of the next border....but what about in between?


Do you like EQ? I have to say it sure makes it easy to see what a quilt will look like. I tried out a few different ideas...couldn't decide...so i put a poll on Instagram. The quilters voted this design as the favorite.
So this what I'm working towards. I need to make a dozen 12" blocks to finish the next round then 3 borders.
Shouldn't take too long.

Oh, and I finished the flannel squares quilt top. It's off to the longarmer. 










No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...