Saturday, January 4, 2020

Happy New Year, All!!

Well, we made it! Finished the house by Christmas...moved in, unpacked some and had family here for a Christmas Eve dinner.
Daughter Jenn helped with dinner bringing this delicious blueberry dessert and her famous dinner rolls.
Daughter Lisa made her annual gingerbread house...a lighthouse this year! It was HUGE and the boys loved it. Not sure how she got that up here in one piece (she lives 4 hours from us).

I made dinner but Al helped by barbecuing steaks and chicken. The only cookies I made were these Spritz...requested by my daughter.

Christmas day was even easier and relaxing...Al took us out to dinner to the Grand Traverse Resort. 
So now we are in the house, finishing details like staining doors and handrails, adding cabinet knobs, doing touchups to walls and trim, caulking and adding shelves where needed. 
I'll be dragging out my sewing machine pretty soon. On Instagram, I posted my UFO list and my New Years resolution to cut the list by half. Let's see if I can! I'm also trying to cut my sugar intake. Two VERY difficult resolutions for me. 
Here's to a wonderful new year!!!! I hope you all have much success with all your endeavors. Have a happy, healthy, successful 2020, everyone!

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...