Monday, June 24, 2019

Tackling another UFO


             
UFOs.....WIPs...whatever you want to call them, I have a LOT!
I keep saying I need to get them done before starting a new project but it doesn't seem to happen. So I'm just going to do my best and finish up COMPLETELY each one as I come across it in my sewing closet.

This one is SO old! I won floral "happy" blocks YEARS ago through Block Central's quilt forum...this was way before Instagram and back when Facebook was mostly teenagers.

I gave the blocks to my sister because she liked them and I had way too many projects going. She stitched them together and then it sat. She decided to give it back to me to quilt knowin she'd never FMQ it.

When I pulled it out a week ago, it seemed too small so I figured I'd add a 8" border all the way around then quilt it.

I searched for large florals in my stash but didn't have anything that would work to I drew up this Tulip block. I made one then decided it took too much time to do 32 of them..so an alternate block would be needed. That was easy...sawtooth. Sawtooth is one of my favorites and it sort of looks like grass.

I cut a bunch of HSTs and chain stitched them...that was quick!

So far I have two borders on and am making flowers for the third. With any luck, it'll be ready for basting this weekend.


2 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Great border idea and such a sweet quilt

Anonymous said...

Love it!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...