Sunday, June 9, 2019

Charlie's I-Spy quilt is DONE!

I'm happy to say I finished a quilt..Yay!
I am linking to Oh Scrap (use the button on the right side). These i-spy quilts are a great way to use up scraps of novelty fabrics and to reuse cotton shirts that are still pretty but maybe stained or have rips. I get more than a FQ out of most shirt backs and the backs are almost always free of stains and damage.

So where have I been? What have I been up to?

Al and I have been very busy with designing and building our new house so finding time to quilt isn't easy. I design the house and draw the blueprints so most of my work is done...for now. The last few days we've been waiting for the basement guys to pour the walls so I had a chance to sew.

My eyes are not that good anymore so I saved stitching down the binding for when we were traveling or sitting waiting for workers to show up. The light is SO much better outside, sitting in the truck.


I finished the last stitch on the binding today as we took a Sunday drive to visit my dad.

Henry helped to pick out the I-spy blocks for his brother. There are bad guys, pirates and trucks. ...Lots of treats like peppermints, bomb pops and cupcakes... And a ship in a bottle that he insisted on, so thats on the back. It was too large for the front.


A few of these cute little characters were recieved during an Instagram swap. Thank yous to those of you who contributed to Charlie's quilt. #quiltyfriendsarethebest
#getyourquiltywishesgrantedsummeredition

This is my third and probably final I-spy. 

Want to make one?

The blocks are 6" finish (6-1/2" before sewn into a top). 
1. Center (spy pieces) are cut 2-1/2" square 
2. Cut two shirting pieces cut 2-1/2" sq attached to each side of spy piece. 
3. Now cut two shirting strips 2-1/2 x 6-1/2" and attach to each long side. 


Very simple block and a good way to use pretty cotton shirt scraps. 

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

I really like your idea of the I-SPY quilt. Simple & a great use of scraps... xox

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...