Sunday, June 23, 2019

Charlevoix quilt is quilted

All quilted!
This is my "Charlevoix quilt"...all the fabric is from Minick & Simpson's Charlevoix line, which just happened to be where I was living when they designed it.
Before we moved into the temporary rental where we now live, I started to free-motion quilt it...then ran out of time. We've been in the rental for 6 months now and I just came across it. Luckily I packed the top thread (a soft white) and the bottom thread (a medium gray), into a baggie and pinned it to the quilt.
What I forgot to do, is pack up the 1/2 yard of binding that was purchased to match. I've spent HOURS looking in boxes for that piece. So, binding will have to wait until the boxes are unloaded in the new house...and that could be another 5 or 6 months!

I'm searching websites in the meantime, so if anyone knows of any Charlevoix fabric in peach or light blue for sale, let me know. I'd really love to have only that line on the whole quilt.
This pattern is my own design...I drew up 3 versions and had everyone on Instagram vote on they're favorite setting. They chose this one.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Hugs

Warm Quilts said...

Congratulations on completing your lovely quilt! So good to know that you had the threads with it so that you could continue the work to finish. Now, best wishes in locating the binding fabric.

QuilterLaura said...

Love your quilt, I'm also a Charlevoix person, my parents lived there for 30 years and I spent summers there growing up. Hearts to Holly may still have a few of the Charlevoix fabrics, last time I was there (this spring) I noticed a couple. I don't remember which ones but if you call them I'm sure they will check for you. I have quite a bit of that line and have started a snail's trail quilt with it. So lovely!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...