Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Farmer's Wife Quilt

 I don't know about you but I sew in spurts...I'll barely sew anything for a month or two and all of a sudden I'm going gangbusters. That's where I'm at now. This top was started long time ago... maybe 2012 or 13. It got worked on from time to time. The main blocks we done as I taught a class...quickly.

But then I slowed down. The Irish Chain blocks weren't as intetesting.
I changed my mind three times about what size to make it. Finally i decided 99 blocks would make a nice sized bed quilt.

I'll be giving this to my daughter and she has a queen sized bed...it needed to fit that.

These blocks were from The Farmers Wife. There were over a 100 6" blocks in the book and I made all of them. Some I made twice. I taught the class twice so I ended up with quite a pile. 

These are the first 50. There will be probably two more quilts to use up all the blocks. I kind of dread making 49 Irish Chain blocks again so maybe I'll find another alternate block. There are over 2100 pieces in this quilt. It's good to have the top done. 
Now to decide on how to quilt it.

3 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

I love it. What about hourglass blocks for the next one?

lmno said...

The aqua used for the alternate blocks is quilte and eye-catcher. Karen's suggestion of hourglass blocks is a really good one.

lmno said...

Stupid spell check.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...