It's been a busy week or two here in northern MI. Al and I were both sick with a 24 hr stomach flu that was nice enough to visit every family member and more.
So while in bed I had time to hand sew bindings on. I sent the quilt above... The modern solid sampler quilt... on to its new home at my daughters house.
The Dr. Seuss hexagon quilt is finished for Henry. This is UFO for January ...#3 out of 12 that I will try to finish this year. http://www.patchworktimes.com/ufo-2017/
Now scraps were getting out of hand so I joined the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but to get rid do as many scraps as I have I need to make quilts not blocks. This top was finished but then I looked at it and looked at it...I decided I wanted a border.
So I cut 60 degree triangles out of the leftover purples and grays.
I haven't decided on points in or points out but I'll definitely be adding a border. I may add a little strip of gray before the border to keep the triangles from touching the plus signs....and then maybe a final border in gray to keep the binding from cutting into the triangles. SOOO...now I'm nowhere near done but as always I'm enjoying the creative process.