Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Cutting up scraps

If you want to join in the fun and clear out some scraps --> RSC17 LINK!
It was another really snowy day up here in northern Michigan so SCRAP CUTTING was the job for the day. I'm doing the Rainbow Scrap Challenge #RSC17 with SOSCRAPPY on blogspot.
Job #1...open those overstuffed bins...YIKES! 
I put all my magazines and books together...all my patterns together, unless they belonged to a UFO. Dumped a ton of scraps on the floor and started pressing.

See that bin to the left of the ironing board? ALL SCRAPS!!
Job #2....  cut 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2, 3, 4-1/2 and 5" strips....plus my usual 1/2 inch pieces for crocheting my rag rug.

Job #3 ...start another Rainbow quilt (there are going to be at least 3 with all the scraps I have), I made a tester block for a spools quilt that I designed on EQ last night. I had a large piece of navy backing...almost 2 yards...leftover from something (?) so this will be the background.

Not sure what kind of border I will do ...just tried this one out.
These are 12" blocks. I have enough of the gray spool top and bottoms to do 20 blocks so I think I'll need borders to make this a good sized lap quilt.



JOB WELL DONE!!
My shelves look so much better...there's actually some room to spare! Didn't expect that!

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...