Sunday, November 11, 2018

It's bound and on the bed!

I marked this quilt off as "finished", quite a while ago but it really wasn't TOTALLY done until last night.
The binding was attached but not stitched down. Usually I hand stitch down my binding. I don't know why I feel they have to be this way...But this quilt is SO big and SO heavy, I just didn't want to do it. So it sat in my sewing room closet almost a year! Last night I decided it needed to be done. 

Since it's my hubbies quilt, it will probably need washing more often than my regular quilts... (This is me talking myself into something)..  So if it's going to be washed often it should have a machine stitched binding. I could get that done pretty fast...and I did. 
Done is better than not done, right?
This was 9 years in the making...you can search back to see the beginnings ..

4 comments:

Lani said...

Its a beautiful quilt!

Karen said...

Good to see a bed size quilt. Quilters don't seem to be making as many of those as in the past. And this one has a very southwestern flare. Nicely done.

scraphappydenise said...

Good Morning Deb! I remember making those brown corners for this quilt! It looks amazing on the bed. I machine finish 99% of my bindings.... I think of you, everytime I put a pin into my owl pincushion.

Northern Deb said...

Denise, it's so WONDERFUL to hear ftom you!! I think about you often also...especially as I was finishing this quilt up. I usually post most of my projects on Instagram under the name northerndebquilts. I've kind of neglected this blog. I'm so happy you stopped by and left a comment. This round robin really turned out nice, dont you think? Al loves it for sure.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...