Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The first finish of June

 I HAVE a finish! Yay! This is a leader and ender project I did to use up scraps. My scrap bin looks the same so I probably need to start another one.
 This scrappy bow tie quilt used all stash fabrics...even the backing. Linking back to 2nd quarter Finish Along starter blog post:2nd quarter-finish-along
UPDATE: I WON!! I was one of the winners in the 2nd quarter. Join in next time! Get your projects finished and maybe win a prize. Win, win!!
Let me end with a picture of my sweetie pies... These two make getting older THE BEST! 


5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely finish and isn't it surprising to find that after making a scrap quilt to empty your box, the few you had left have multiplied!
Wonderful little grandchildren - super being a grandma isn't it. We have six.

Northern Deb said...

Oh, yes! Being a Gram is the best! Six?! Wonderful!

Karen said...

A very interesting layout for the bow tie blocks. I don't think I have seen a quilt done that way. Very good!

mangozz said...

This is such a beautiful quilt! Why don't my scraps coordinate as well? Congrats on a wonderful finish!

Northern Deb said...

Mangozz, I love scrap quilts ...they use up, hopefully, lots of little pieces BUT I have found that there needs to be some organization to them as far as color. I sort my scraps into themes...red, white &blue OR brights aoR civil war OR fall....and then make the scrap quilt from that. Plus if I don't like a fabric, it doesn't go into the quilt...chances are I won't like it in the end.Finally, I make sure darks are scattered around evenly wnd that colors that look good together, are next to each other. If one block is bothering me...toss it out&make a new one.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...