Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is coming, right?

By the looks of things up here in northern Michigan, Al and I have come home MUCH too soon. This is a picture I took on the way out to breakfast a few mornings ago. Yesterday looked pretty much the same, except add a little freezing rain and ice... yeah... Why did we come home?...

Well, the good thing is it's perfect quilting and sewing weather. I spent the morning in my sewing room sewing up a few blocks for our favorite block swap with the ladies at ScrappyandHappy. We are making "Bright, spring" blocks. This is one I made up this morning... not sure if it's out there somewhere but I'm calling it the "Charlevoix Four Patch". I picked out this fabric on the way home from Arizona with my Oklahoma friend, Jenell. With this "dead of winter" feel outside, it's a cheerful burst of color.



The bright pink in this is a Kona called medium pink. I picked up a few new solid fabrics since I will be joining a Kona solid swap. I bought Espresso, ash and grass... try saying that three times..LOL. The Kona ash is a fantastic color... one of my favorites. It goes so well with all the brights and clear colors. The lqs says they'll be getting in a bolt of it. :) :) I'm planning to get about 5 yards of it to put aside for a quilt that I want to make AFTER I finish up at least one UFO. Keeping myself in line (sort of).

1 comment:

Rebecca P said...

Lovely winter photo, but ice on the roads is no fun. You & Al stay safe at home.
Love your bright fav. block, such pretty fabric.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...