Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Handquilting

So this has been worked on every day, 3 rows across. That takes me 1-1/2 hours. I know I won't be able to keep up this pace once the weather warms...I'll be working on the garden...but for now, while it's cool and rainy, I'm putting in as much time as I can.
I'm spacing my lines 1 inch apart because thats the easiest way to do the quilting. I'm sewing through the centers of the 9-patch blocks and using a hera marker to mark the other parts. I started using masking tape, but I didn't like sewing next to it. It's too stiff and I need the fabric to give a little as I stitch.
I've added to this quilt too. It's probably about 1/4 of the way completed. It's not going to be huge, maybe a lap quilt. That's all the sewing for now. I'm cutting up green scraps to get ready for the May #rainbowscrapchallenge blocks. I'll work on those next week, I hope.

1 comment:

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful stitching, the straight lines are the perfect choice.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...