Sunday, May 1, 2022

April's projects

I'm doing the #rsc2022 this year to help me get my scraps under control. So far I've done RED, AQUA, YELLOW/GOLD, and this past month (April) was PINK. Im following along with Angela's blog and the #RainbowScrapChallenge ...she's on Instagram also I'm making FOUR of the RAINBOW SCRAP QUILTS... An ocean wave quilt, birds in the air, a quilt using scrap strips on a diagonal and a quilt using a "builders block". So those are done for April...not sure what color May will be yet. Since I finished up the 6-point star quilt, I needed a new hand quilting project. I picked this vintage style quilt. It's a copy of a quilt pictured in a magazine (no pattern was available). I used EQ to come up with one then used scraps of shirtings and pieces of old 80's and 90's fabrics along with some newer 1800 reproduction prints. It's on my quilting frame now. Hopefully I can stick to a schedule of three rows a day of quilting. I'd like to get this quilted in a month
And of course I'm still working on this EPP "tumbling blocks" quilt. It goes with me EVERYWHERE...car rides, dentist appointments, doctors...anywhere I'm sitting for a bit.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...