Saturday, April 2, 2022

Saturday night sewing

We have a quick spring snowstorm that's moving into northern Michigan for a few hours this evening so instead of taking a walk, I'm sewing.
The Tumbling Blocks are coming along... About a 1/6 of the way done. When we're out for a drive, I bring this along so I'm not bored. Al likes to hit resale shops here and there and a lot of the time I wait in the car. Its nice to have something to do. Although, this week I went into one with him and found a lot of cute fabrics. They were mostly darker ones but they'll be perfect to add into my Pyramid quilt and my log cabin quilt. I also found a couple of cute plaid shirts that I cut up. They were only 50 cents...not bad for almost a yard of fabric.
The other great find was a stool
It opens up to hold my hand sewing. I needed an ottoman by my chair and this one works perfectly.
I'm keeping my fabric scraps for the tumbling blocks quilt in it and my thread basted diamonds. When I have a few minutes to spare, everything is there ready to piece another section.
And this hand quilting project is just about done. Im finishing up the last few stars then I'll pull it off the frame and doquilt the edge triangles. I haven't decided what design I'm doing there yet. Probably something simple.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...