Wednesday, July 15, 2020

No quilting, just gardening

I haven't been sewing much lately...mainly because it's been beautiful out. The garden is doing well but needs tending. My flower pots are blooming nicely. The grass is in and growing so we're cutting it and weeding landscapes. Lots of outdoor work...that I love.

Tonight we're just sitting on the back porch enjoying the trees, flowers and the rain. And I'm enjoying my porch quilt. This one has lots of scraps in it...lots of memories. 

Plus thete are a few pieces I put in for the grandboys to find and enjoy...like the dogs in the corner.

I tried something new this year with my pots of flowers...I tucked in a few perennials (lavender) with the annuals. At the end of the season I'll plant the perennials in the landscape to enjoy next year. 
The geraniums, as always, will come in for the winter. I love flowers on my window sills when there's snow out.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...