Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Working on quilts and our house


Almost finished! The quilting on my Kaffe quilt is done. I just did simple lines...in the ditch. I didnt want to take away the softness of this quilt. I don't know if it's the pellon cotton batting or the Kaffe fabrics but this quilt is softer than usual. It feels SO good!
I was afraid if I quilted too much it might get stiff. All I have to do now is bind it. 
Al and I are SUPER busy finishing up the house. We do the finish trim, the painting and laying the hardwood. We also have a few plants to get in before the snow flys. We're waiting for the driveway to be poured so we can plant bushes near it. If that's not done in the next few days then the plants will have to be buried on our other lot until spring. I can't put it off much longer. 

Al trimmed out this set of windows in the greatroom. They look SO good! 

The cabinets are being installed as we work on the trim. Things are coming along!😀



No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...