Monday, July 15, 2019

On to another project

It has been raining since 7am and it hasn't let up...probably won't stop at all today if the weather app is correct. SO, it's a sew day. Al and I had plans to build the second window well on the new house...aww shucks...guess I'm stuck in the sewing room today. (Can't you just FEEL my disappointment?)
So here's todays project...
While making my Sister's Quilt, I made a pile of "leaders & enders".
My scrap bin is huge and almost overflowing...it was time to slice and dice.

 I cut a bunch of strips then subcut into triangle pairs... More than 200 of them. Some scraps were so small that I could only cut 
very tiny strips or squares. Those I made into little 9-patches. Some of the scraps were beautiful little feedsacks or pretty leftovers from other quilts. 

I paired up a bunch of the half square trianges and made hourglass blocks. To make the hourglass blocks pop a little, I surrounded them with this cute plus sign fabric. 
Then I dug around in my solids and found a blue that felt somewhat "vintage"...perfect backdrop for my feedsack scraps.
So today I'm putting everything together. 

This quilt will become a pattern. I'm calling it Allie's Hourglass. 

And here's my finished Sister's Quilt. The binding is on and the quilt is in the mail, on the way to my sister.

I chose the small green and white stripe for binding. She has a green sunroom and is planning on using it there. Perfect, I think!



First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...