Sunday, January 14, 2018

Bow Ties and Doggies


Ive been making LOTS of scrappy bow tie blocks and started putting them together into 16 patches. These are the first 4 16 patch blocks. Im going to keep this very scrappy, whatever leftovers are around are going to be added to this quilt. The background fabric is muslin... I have quite a few yards of it leftover from a project and thought it would add that vintage touch. Linking up to OH SCRAP... See the link button on the side of my blog.


So this is my main project this month...I want to get Henry's dogs in sweaters quilt finished up before we head south. Im cutting all the block pieces at once, then doing all the paper pieced parts and then I'll put the blocks together. The pattern doesn't have paper piecing instruction, it's just something I did on my computer using EQ7. It makes it much easier for me to assemble them this way instead of cutting tiny little squares and sewing point to point. Much more exact and easier on my eyes. 

I just came back from downstate and am glad to be back in my sewing room fooling around. The trip back was SCARY! The weather was so treacherous. We've  had quite a few storms here in Michigan this winter. I'll be glad for spring.


No comments:

The first finish of June

 I HAVE a finish! Yay! This is a leader and ender project I did to use up scraps. My scrap bin looks the same so I probably need to start ...