Friday, July 26, 2013

Still working on my Judie R. quilt

I've been working on my entry for the Judie Rothermel quilt contest for quite a while now. The most stressful part is over and now I'm quilting it. With it having to be finished by July 31st, this is now the home stretch. There's still a name to give it (besides the name I call it now.. can't use THAT ;).
 
Yesterday I took a 1/2 day break from it and made the doll quilt below. It's really small, not much larger than a placemat but I needed to work with different colors for a bit. These were scraps from a project I was doing a few months ago. I cut triangles using my Tri-Rec tool (which I LOVE). Reminds me of sailboats on the water....
 
Here's a little peak at my Judie quilt. As you can tell, I'm right in the middle of quilting, and actually deciding on the quilt design as I go along. With any luck it'll be ready for binding by the end of tomorrow.


No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...