The fourth of 16 star is done so that means I'm a 1/4 of the way done! :) :)
To give myself a break from this very intense piecing, I started working on another UFO. This beige and red quilt top has been done for a while and hanging in my sewing room closet. It was a quilt that was started to help clear out my over abundance of reds.. many were from the late 80's and 90's!
Today while going through the room and cleaning, I found some fabric that I bought a couple of weeks ago and then decided against for my lone star quilt. I had planned on putting a border on the above quilt but then decided I wanted it more authentic... no border... just stars. Well, the fabric was a perfect color for the quilt below.. just wasn't enough. SO, digging through some more boxes I found some blocks that were the opposite of these red and beige ones. There were enough blocks to piece two rows of them. Stitching them together and placing them between two strips of the backing, made the back large enough for this top... YEAH!! Love working from my stash! I'm pinning the quilt today and hopefully will get it quilted this week.
I'll show the back when the quilting is done. Al says I need a very dark red binding.. gonna go with his opinion... sounds right.
Sunday, November 4, 2012
The Dogs in Sweaters quilt is bound and has found it's new home. Henry is thrilled with it. Jenn put it on his "big boy...
I've started a new quilt! AGAIN! BUT, this time I finished a quilt before I began a new one so I feel okay about it. This is the start...
This is my newest pattern and its FREE (don't you just love that word).... A Christmas Ornament Mug Rug Instructions . And here...