Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Ornament Mug Rug

This is my newest pattern and its FREE (don't you just love that word).... A Christmas Ornament Mug Rug Instructions.
 
And here's the template you'll need..
 
These are quilt as you go... no binding and no handsewing :)

I'm going to be posting a tutorial online later today. They're super easy. They're wonderful to decorate with also. My bathroom shower curtian looks so much more festive with this that I'm going to make a few more to hang on it.
Get a ribbon and string one on a door handle, tuck a magnet into the top, topstitch around the gold top piece to keep the magnet in place and then hang on the fridge. 
They're also good to add onto a present... write a nice message on the back... AND if you have an embroidery machine, how about stitching Merry Christmas on the front piece before adding it in!

I added a metal loop to mine but if you get a little bit of gold elastic or cording, you could catch it in the top seam and have the same look :) Enjoy!!

11 comments:

scottylover said...

These are too cute! Thanks for sharing your pattern!

Sandy A

Debbie J said...

Very cute and festive!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern! It is just what I was looking for: modern and minimalist!

barbara woods said...

love that idea, thanks

Anonymous said...

This is such a great pattern! Goes together so nicely. I'm already in the process of making over 100 of these for gifts for next Christmas. Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the pattern. Have fun making that many of them and thanks for the nice comment. Deb

Mary said...

May I have your permission to use this pattern to teach this to a group of 3 girls in 4H sewing group?


Northern Deb said...

Of course! I would love to see these as 4H projects. Enjoy😀

Unknown said...

Can I get a copy of pattern? I cant find it/ Thank you

Anonymous said...

Cutest thing I've seen. Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome#

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...