Friday, April 1, 2011

I Won Happy Blocks :)

Today was a great day... I won the drawing at our Yahoo group for the Happy blocks... This month they were kelly green with yellow centers. These are the four I made. Very springy, don't you think? The colors are better in person. The yellow is bright and cheery and the green is a child's crayon green.. Now the hard part... what to make. Adding a third color to these might be nice but maybe I'll wait till they show up to decide what to do with them.


I made another mug rug, not too long ago. I didn't post it because it was going to my sister and I wasn't sure whether or not she reads this blog... I wanted it to be a surprise. It's pink and cream... very girly (unlike us, right MaryAnn?!). I was playing with some leftover charm squares and decided they looked cute together. So, she told me she's going to hang it up in her dining room turned sewing room.... Another mug rug destined to live out it's life hanging on a wall instead of cozy under a cup of tea...hehe... I should really learn to use darker colors. Who wants to spill coffee and tea on pink and cream? I guess it IS a miniature quilt. Well, off to the sewing room...


4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on winning all those lovely green and yellow blocks... looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Carol said...

Deb, I love your green and yellow blocks, although on my computer screen, the yellow looked very gray! lol LOL at the mug rug destined to hang on the wall at your sis's. A friend gave me some potholders she had quilted and they were so beautiful I hung them on my wall too! So I can certainly understand your sister's feelings.

Rebecca P said...

Congrats on winning the happy blks. Can't wait to see what you come up with for them. You always amaze me with your creative ideas.

Now you know I love your new little mug rug!!! You can never go wrong with PINK in my book.
Hugs,
Rebecca

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I just joined your blog - see you just popped up on mine, so had to peep. Just love your work, but really what caught my eye - your bindings - perfect bindings with great mitered corners. My mug rugs are all hanging like mini quilts, too. They are miniature works of art not to be soiled.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...