Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday sewing

Today's weather is pretty warm but very rainy and very windy. It's a perfect spring day to stay in and sew...at least until the rain stops. I've been sewing a few different things lately. One project I finished up for this month is my YELLOW blocks for the #rsc2022 which is the rainbow scrap challenge I'm doing.
My other project is a daily dose of hand quilting on this quilt:
I'm "trying" to do #300daysofhandquilting along with some Instagram quilters. So far I've been at it about 15 days.
Also, I've made some more log cabin blocks and added them to my wall...I think I have 25 or so to make. And as I'm sorting and cutting for the log cabins, I also cut drunkard path pieces and pyramid pieces. I was planning to start machine quilting a child's quilt this week but just wasnt up to it. Maybe later today.

4 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Great variety of colourful projects on the go. Your hand quilting is lovely.

Northern Deb said...

Thank you💕

Anonymous said...

Hello NDQ, I just discovered your blog. Your quilts are all beautiful. I particularly like Lewis's Quilt. It made me think that would be a good project for using my drawer full of homespun plaids which I've had since the 90's when they were all the rage (insert laughing emoji here).

Northern Deb said...

Yes, those would definitely work! I have a pile of those also (from the same years)

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...