Sunday, January 31, 2021

Pin basting a purple quilt

 

I decided to start quilting one of my finished tops that were piling up, ready to topple over. So I chose this purple Scrap Jar Stars quilt. It's a fun pattern that I've used a few times...once with rainbow colors, once with red, white and blue and this one, all purple scraps with a low volume background.
Purple isn't a color I work with much although I do like it. So making this quilt pretty much used up my supply of purple scraps.

I think I may do one more to use up some aqua scraps. That pile is HUGE!

So this is on the floor upstairs in the dining area...sewing room still needs flooring.😣
The carpet guys told us they would install last Thursday but then someone measured wrong and the carpet they received isn't enough to do our three rooms downstairs. Soooo......now they say maybe in a few days if they can figure how to make it work OR a few weeks to get in more carpet. Let's hope they can make it work. 
I REALLY, REALLY want to start using my sewing room!
So before I started pinning this quilt, I dragged a bunch of tops out. I couldn't decide which to quilt next. I posted this picture on Instagram when I was trying to decide. Then I remembered my niece is moving into her new house very soon...AND she loves purple! 
So that settled it...I'll finish up this one and give it to her as a surprise housewarming gift.
Well, as it was posted on IG, she spotted it and said "LOVE that purple one!" Perfect! 
It has a new home to go to. 

Now to get it done.....

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Purple isn't a color I work with too often...But I love your quilt. Hugs

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...