Saturday, December 5, 2020

Reading, working, cooking but no sewing

I ran out of sew mojo today. It's been a hectic week with babysitting the grandboys, working on the basement and cooking up a storm. 
Restaurants and bars are closed here in Michigan for another week so I've been cooking and cooking. We could have done some carryout but by time it gets home it's cold or soggy or dry. It's just easier to cook all our meals at home.
So besides cooking and baking, I'm painting ceilings and Al is doing trim. The sewing room has walls and doors. It has trim around the windows and maybe shelves in the closet by now (his current project).

 I'm taking a break to read a bit from my this novel. It's different, can't really say if I like it yet.
Yesterday I did some cleaning and decorating for the holidays. Usually I enjoy decorating but this year...I'm just not feeling it. I'll probably just do the minimal... like the tree and the table. I put a few lights outside because the grandkids love them. 

So back to quilting...i have NO urge to sew today. I debated bringing out my sewing machine and doing one row on my thimble quilt but decided to wait till tomorrow. Maybe I'll feel like it then.

For now, I'm just going to read.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...