Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Working in the yard a little today

Today I was stitching on two projects... a little bit on my Farmer's Wife blocks... finishing up some that I started in class last night. Then I worked on Amish with a Twist. 
Needing a little break after dinner, I went out to the garden to see how everything is doing and to do a bit of watering. The peonies by the garden are blooming and they're just beautiful. These are HUGE... about the size of a dinner plate! This bush did okay last year but seems to have tripled this year.
Inside the garden I spotted RED strawberries. I didn't expect them to be red yet but quite a few were and YUM!! Al and I munched on some right then and there... brought about a quart in for tonights snack... maybe strawberries on biscuits?

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...