Friday, June 4, 2010

Luck of the non Irish?


Well, I'm not Irish... I have LOTS of nationalities (7) but that's not one of them. BUT boy have I been lucky lately! First getting all those wonderful old fabrics from my daughter, then heading to the resale shop and finding a HUGE bag of silk threads in the 1/2 off bin (45 spools of silk thread on wooden spools for $3!) and then heading to the library and finding a tall stack of free quilt magazines. And they wanted me to take all I could because they needed to make some room! WELL, of course, I just had to help them out with that request! This pile above is just a SMIDGEN of what I took home. I thumbed through about 10 of them last night... think I'll fill the tub with bubble tonight and put another pile next to it.... Take of my record setting baths!

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

Well Deb, great for you. Hope the luck stays with you. Watch that the skin don't all get wrinkly.

Kerstin

Jeannette said...

Did you know that there is a support group for people who relax in tubs while pursuing old quilt magazines? ...yes, you must be headed that way I can hear it now: " My name is Deb and I haven't tucked away with a quilt magazine for two whole days..."
ENJOY

Lurline said...

It is the little things in life that make us so happy, isn't it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Quiltluver said...

Love getting free quilt magazines, even if they are old, they are still new to me!

scottylover said...

Boy that is lucky! Enjoy those magazines!

Sandy A

Rebecca P said...

How lucky for you. Just don't drop them in the water.
Rebecca

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...