Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Ocean Waves

Today I had a chance to work on two quilts. This #OceanWavesQuilt top is finished. I put the final rows on then dug around for a scrap of white for the border. The perfect piece was on I picked up at a thrift store not long ago. This was a really fun top to make. It used up quite a few pretty scraps and lots of different whites. 

The #rainbowscrapchallenge was the perfect excuse to try out the Ocean Wave pattern. And making it 7 blocks at a time (7 per month) made it painless. I think I'd like to make one more but this time in the traditional blue & white.


 So after finishing up that top, I spent a little time trying to decide on how to set these dresden blocks. They've been packed away for years and really need to be put into a quilt. I'm still not sure the above setting works for the aqua blocks. The red seems to strong and takes away from the dresdens. So I might not use them...anyone have any ideas or opinions? I only have 16 dresdens. I know I want them on point...just not sure what colors are the best to use with the aqua. My sister says keep it as it is. If I do and dont like the finished product, she'll be the new owner😂

1 comment:

Dorian said...

Hi Deb! I saw a similar pattern just yest. The pattern used a chain X for the alternates. Using an aqua background, then some similar colors to the dresdens for the X. That would look nice. I love your ocean waves, that is so cool! Take care.











First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...