Tuesday, September 20, 2022

September blocks

 

The color for September (for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge) is blue but since I had already made blue blocks, I decided I'd do brown. I know, I said I don't really care for brown but I needed one more color in this quilt. It was between gray, brown and black. Black seemed to intense and gray not strong enough so I did warm browns. 

I also made one more of green, orange and pink. That gave me enough blocks for a small quilt. I'm going to sew the blocks together now then give it a nice wide white border and then.. ? ...Maybe one more border after that of HSTs.... Or maybe just a bright binding. 
I also made one brown "Building Blocks" block and one in gray. I have a total of 10 of those. They're getting packed away until January. Next year I'll do 10 more, then set them on point for another rainbow quilt. I'm getting quite a collection of rainbow quilts. One is going to a great neice (one already did) and one is for me to keep. No idea what I'll do with the rest. They're just such bright and fun tops to make. 

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...