Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer fun time...


Lazy days of summer?! THAT's a myth! It seems that my days are crammed full...barely any time to sew. But this morning and late last night I squeaked out a couple of hours to work on a VERY old UFO. 
This one came from a block swap I did with the on Block Central at least 7 years ago!


I'm making the sashing, which is very time consuming.


I did some using paper piecing but found that was just too slow.


Cutting the triangles and chain stitching is the fastest for me. I cut them exactly the size needed so I don't have to trim them.


This is my birthday week! My youngest daughter sent me some Kona that I've been searching for. This is FLAMINGO. 


Al and I spent some time in Charlevoix at the car show....


Plus spent lots of time with Henry picking berries. There's just too much to do and not enough time to do it all.


1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love how the boxed blocks change their look with that sashing. Summer is too short - enjoy.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...