Monday, May 22, 2017

Autumn in the springtime

I've started a new project because....well....because I was bored with everything else. My sewing room, my rules...right?!! Yup! I have plans to finish this one before fall so I got it cut....everything except the borders. Won't this be perfect for an autumn/Halloween quilt? 

I found the picture (below) on Pinterest...searched for the pattern and finally found out it's from Keepsake Quilting and called Flying Geese and Stars quilt. These are 6" stars with 6" borders. It'll make a nice lap sized quilt for the couch. My colors are a little deeper for the oranges...leaning toward rust. I still have to find the perfect black...I don't want solid...maybe something black with little pumpkins? Little Gatherings has a few black and beige prints I like too....


3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My favorite blocks - Sawtooth Star and Flying Geese - in one quilt setting!! Love the earthy look to this.

Northern Deb said...

Oh I agree...love making these!

Karen said...

The cheddar/orange would make me happy. I like!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...