Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Going through my quilts...

I decided to go through some of my quilts today and check to see if I signed the backs of all of them. As I went down memory lane, I took a few pictures. Thought I would share this one with all of you. I made this one for my hubby and I also made a similar one for one of my brothers that loves fishing and boating. This was a pattern for a wallhanging that I expanded to make a bed sized quilt. I love how it turned out.... but then I LOVE PLAIDS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. My SIL would love this. Are the hooks and lines embroidered?

Northern Deb said...

The hooks and lines are a heavy pearl cotton thread. I attached it with a slight zig zag stitch, feeding the pearl cotton under the pressed foot as I stitched the zig zag....if you have a "cording" foot on your machine, that would help.
You COULD embroider it though.

Unknown said...

I adore this quilt. Do you have a pattern for this?

Northern Deb said...

Danielle, I no longer have the pattern. It was a pattern for a wall hanging sized quilt that i increased in size. I dont have my increased pattern either. The pattern was printed in the 90s maybe?... The colors i used look very much like the pattern cover. If I find the bame I will post it.

Northern Deb said...

I found the pattern on Ebay. It's called Somethings Fishy by Four Corners Design. This is a wall size quilt so you would have to enlarge it

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...