Monday, February 14, 2022

Early morning sewing and memories

It's 8am and I'm just finishing up some early morning sewing. If I cant sleep in, like Al, I head downstairs to sew for a few hours. Today was no exception. I worked on cutting pieces for two quilts.
The first quilt is the #pyramidquilt ....lots of little trianges need to be cut (12 of them) and one main triangle for each pyramid block...then the plum or aubergine setting triangles. Sewing these up goes quickly but coordinating fabrics then cutting, is slow.
As I was digging through my Civil War reproduction fabrics, I found a green fabric with a tag on it. It's from a quilter friend that died years ago. She lived in Canada and liked to trade fabrics with her U.S. friends. I guess getting certain fabrics like our Civil War ones, was difficult. We met on a quilting forum.... that is a thing of the past, shut down years ago, called Block Central. Many of us worked on each other's quilts through world wide round robins and traded projects like pincushions.
Finding this little piece of fabric with her note on it, sent me down memory lane. I'm cutting some of her fabric and putting it in this quilt. I know I'll think of her when I see that block.

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...